Deep Ossilation Therapy
Deep Ossilation Therapy is characterised by an intermittent electrostatic field, which is built up between the hands of the therapist or the hand applicator and the tissue of the patient by means of the HIVAMAT® 200 offering :
- Faster regeneration after surgery, trauma in pain, oedema, inflammation & wound healing.
- Anti-inflammatory effect significantly felt
- Wounds are encouraged to heal
- Oedema and Fibrosis reduction
- The unique therapy method per DEEP OSCILLATION® as used at The Lymph Clinic Cork & Limerick
Deep Oscillation® Therapy
Deep Oscillation® is a relaxing and pain free therapy which is highly regarded for its several benefits including the reduction of swelling and inflammation, pain relief, relaxed muscles, improved mobility and also the promotion of wound healing. Deep Oscillation® Therapy is an FDA approved and patent treatment which is based on pulsed electrostatic fields and pulsed electromagnetic energy creating a deep-penetrating pumping effect in the tissue receiving the treatment. These low and completely safe electro pulses ˜knead’ the skin’s tissue by attracting and releasing it between 5-250 times a second. Scientifically researched frequencies penetrate the skin tissue by 8-12cm that have been proven to remove lymph fluid build up and excess inflammatory caused by products and protein solids. This in turn leaves your skin tissue to embark on its natural healing process.
Used in conjunction with Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage to assist with lymphedema All conditions associated with scar tissue, swelling, inflammation and pain.
- Sports injuries (can be performed immediately after injury)
- Pre-chiropractic adjustment
- Pre- and post-operative Liposuction
- Post aesthetic surgery rehabilitation
- Cellulite treatment
- General and surgery aftercare
- Laser re-surfacing rehabilitation
- Respiratory problems
What to expect during a Treatment
Your Deep Oscillation® Therapy Specialist (connected to a Hivamat 200 machine via an electrode), will gently massage your target area allowing the pulsed oscillations to penetrate your skin to a depth of 8-12cm through skin, connective tissue, sub-cutaneous fat, muscle, blood and lymph vessels. Deep Oscillation® is an extremely relaxing yet exceptionally highly effect treatment. It is completely safe and does not hurt.
Fields of application
- Used in conjunction with Manual Lymphatic Drainage for oedema sufferers
- Conditions associated with swelling, inflammation, scar tissue, pain, muscle ache.
- Used in conjunction with Lymphatic Drainage Massage for Post-Aesthetic Surgery Rehabilitation such as breast implants/reduction, liposuction.
- Non-surgical Cellulite treatment
- Caesarean section healing, stretch-marks and back-ache
- General and Surgery aftercare (from day one of post-op)
Does Deep Oscillation® replace other forms of therapy?
DEEP OSCILLATION® does not replace other therapies such as Lymphatic Drainage Massage, but instead intensifies them, obtaining the most effective outcome for the patients.
Is Deep Oscillation the same as Tens or Ultrasound?
Deep Oscillation® is not the same as Tens or Ultrasound. Deep Oscillation® does not need heat or electrical pulse or heat, making it safe to use over implanted plates and pins. Deep Oscillation® is FDA approved and is a patent therapy.
Contraindications to Deep Oscillation® Therapy
Heart complications and diseases (i.e. heart insufficiency cardiacedema) Active tuberculosis, Pregnancy, Skin diseases of unknown origin, Untreated malignancy, Infectious skin diseases, Cardiac pacemakers or other implanted stimulators, Sensitivity to electric fields Untreated Thrombosis and vascular disorders DEEP OSCILLATION® is characterized by an intermittent electrostatic field, which is built up between the hands of the therapist or the hand applicator and the tissue of the patient by means of the HIVAMAT® 200.
Then, the patient’s tissue is electrostatically attracted and released again in the selected frequency (5-200 Hz). This will trigger a unique, deeply penetrating and lasting resonance vibration of the treated tissue area. When applying deep oscillation, the tissue will be thoroughly “kneaded” by mechanical force.
This effect will not even be reduced when applying minimal external pressure,thus enabling application e.g. in case of acute traumata or pain or in the vicinity of open wounds. In the area of the interstitium, the resonance vibration causes a “mixing” of the basic substance, subsequently stimulating the transportation of interstitial liquids and their components (proteins, cellular disintegration products, neurotransmitters etc